Monday, April 6, 2009

Galeria Dos Lunas

Today I met Lauri at her Gallery in Ajijic. I took the bus for 5 pesos (35 cents US). Her gallery is only open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dos Lunas means two moons. She takes in consignment for a lot of artits and jewelry makers. Here are some pictures I took of her gallery.

This is a terrible picture. It was so dark you couldn't read the sign, so I had to lighten it and the sky changed to a weird color. I will have to go back and try again.



There are 4 rooms. This picture is taken from the front door towards the back of the gallery. The first room has mostly jewelry and paintings. The next room has objects of art and more paintings. The 3rd and 4th rooms are smaller and have a variety of things. In this picture, it is hard to distinguish where the 3rd room leaves off and the 4th room starts.

This is a display in the 2nd room. There are some beautiful dichroic glass plates.



This is one wall in the 1st room with jewelry displays.




These 3 pictures show some of Lauri's work. They are all Dichroic glass pendants.



This, too,  is a display of jewelry in the 1st room and more art work.


Here are some paintings and miscellaneous crafts in the 2nd room. As you can see, there is a display of earrings as well.


This display is also of the 2nd room. I don't have pictures of the 3rd and 4th rooms. I guess I need to go back.


When we left Lauri's gallery, we went to a Greek restaurant for lunch. We both had a Gyro salad and it was fabulous. I would definitely go back to this restaurant. From there, we went back to Lauri's house sitting house and made jewelry for several hours. I have 3 necklaces strung, but haven't finished them off yet because I'm not sure how I want to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment