Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nearly 5 Weeks and Still in Pain

We had an ice storm on February 9th. The sidewalk in front of my building has a slight slope and it was like a sheet of glass. I had to cross the icy sidewalk in order to get to my front door. The landlord had put down ice melt directly in front of the door, but not on the sidewalk. I was making every effort to be careful. However, walking up hill on solid ice is nearly impossible and I fell flat on my face. I hurt my right shoulder again...the one I broke about 8 years ago. I did go to the hospital and had it X-rayed. I was told it wasn't broken. I was given a prescription for pain meds and a sling and was sent home. 

Here it is nearly 5 weeks later and my shoulder still hurts. I still can't lift my arm from the shoulder. I have an appointment today for an MRI to check it out. I will get the results on Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment