Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Appointments, Appointments, Appointments!

I've been gone from home most of the last 2 days. I went to Fargo (175 miles from Devils Lake) on Tuesday to have an eye exam and order new glasses, see the dermatologist for my annual checkup (I do this religiously since I had skin cancer) and to have my teeth cleaned. The plan was to also sign a lease for an apartment, since I will have a new job once I return from Mexico. I did meet the leasing agent at the apartment to look at it again and take measurements, but I didn't have time to do the paperwork before my first appointment. Well, to make a long story short, every time I went back to the leasing office to sign the papers, the door was locked. I ended up leaving Fargo without an apartment. I wasn't too happy about this, but I have learned that when things don't go smoothly, I'm often not making the right decision. My gut was telling me this was the wrong apartment.

I'm trying to get all my annual appointments completed before my trip to Mexico. All 4 of my grandparents had colon cancer so I go in every 5 years for a routine colonoscopy. Tuesday night (last night) I stayed with my sister and brother-in-law, Judy and Ervy, so I would be closer to the clinic this morning.  I had to drink a gallon of a mixture between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. last night. It didn't taste too bad, but that is a LOT of liquid! Judy and I went to Grand Forks (50 miles from where Judy lives) about 10 a.m. this morning. The procedure went off without a hitch and I had a very good nap most of this afternoon due to the drugs. I do have diverticulosis, which I already knew. Other than that, everything looks good. I got home tonight about 7 p.m. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Fargo again to see about an apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment