Thursday, March 19, 2009

Found a new apartment!

As most of you know, I interviewed for a programmer/analyst job with CoreLink Administrative Solutions (a subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield) in Fargo, ND. I'm pleased to say I was hired and can hardly wait to start work. 

I would love to go back to California, but Dad is so frail, I feel I need to be here for him now. I plan to see him on weekends. I've been doing his laundry and cleaning his house for him. We eat together as often as we can. Sometimes he cooks and sometimes I do.

My trip to Mexico is for pleasure. I will be house sitting for a Canadian couple who have a home in the Lake Chapala area, which is south of Guadalajara. They are going back to Vancouver to take care of some personal business. I will be there from March 23rd to April 27th. My girlfriend, Lauri, lives in this area and I haven't seen her in a few years. Since I will be gone for about a month, my start date with CoreLink won't be until May 4th.

I'm taking Amtrak to Minneapolis Saturday night. On Sunday, I will be visiting with my niece, Nikki, her husband, Jake, and their new 3 month old baby, Annabelle. I am so looking forward to spending time with them. I haven't seen them since my mother's funeral in October.

I leave for Guadalajara on Monday morning. I get back to Devils Lake on April 28th (again on Amtrak). This gives me less than a week to move to Fargo, so I needed to find an apartment before I left for Mexico. 

I made a quick trip to Fargo again today to nail down an apartment. I looked at a few more apartments and when I called the apartment complex that I originally was talking to on Tuesday, I got voice mail. I also stopped by the leasing office later and the door was again locked. I knew this was the wrong apartment. I looked at another complex with the exact same floor plans and found an even better apartment. It is perfect! The first one was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the freeway and a truck stop. This one overlooks trees and grass. 

It is about 4 miles from work. In addition to my own bedroom, I wanted an office and a guest bedroom. I am hoping my family and friends will come visit...hint, hint! It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with a washer and dryer in the unit and it is on the first floor! I lived on the 3rd floor of a walk-up in California and I really got tired of hauling stuff up and down several flights of stairs. There are trees outside the living room and a lot of birds. Boy, do they sing! This apartment also comes with a 2 car garage, so I will have a place for extra storage. 

So...I am extending an open invitation for family and friends to come visit. Once I get settled, you will have your own bedroom and bathroom during your visit. Life just keeps getting better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment