Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last Minute Rush...

It seems that no matter how organized I am, I am always rushing at the last minute. Today has been no exception. I've had my packing list almost done for 2 weeks. However, a lot of things couldn't be packed until the last minute, like my computer and accessories and my bath products, as I use them daily.

I took my car over to Dad's apartment and he drove me back. I called a cab a 10 p.m. for a 11 p.m. pickup to take me to the Amtrak station. I only had to go about 2 blocks, but it was too far with all my luggage. The cab was on time, but it was driven by a woman and she sat in the cab while I struggled with all my bags. I would have given her a $5 tip just to help me. Her boyfriend was there too and never lifted a finger. Oh, well! Even with a broken wing, I managed.

The plan is to take the train to Minneapolis/St. Paul, visit my niece and nephew and then fly out on Monday morning to Guadalajara, Mexico. The train was a half hour late. The conductor told us to sit on the first level. At Grand Forks, a lady sat with me. I did get a little sleep during the 7 hour ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment