Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meeting Linda Today...

I met the people, Linda and Barry, I will be house sitting for today. Lauri was teaching a jewelry making class at 10 a.m., so I took her car while she taught the class. I only expected to be gone for no more than 2 hours. Needless to say, that wasn't the case.

Linda is very organized and had all her lists made out. She showed me around and told me what she needed done (i.e. garbage days, maid and gardener days, water delivery, plant watering, etc.) Then she said, let's take the bus and I will show you around.

We walked to the Super Lake supermarket. It is a really nice grocery store and has a lot of American foods. However, the imported foods are high priced. Anything made in Mexico is a lot lower. 

We then got on the bus and went East to the Telecable office to pay for the cable TV and internet. I don't care about the TV so much, but the internet was a requirement of my house sitting.

From there, we took the bus to Ajijic, another village to the West. Linda had some errands to run. The bus is very inexpensive. It only costs 5 pesos (35 cents) from Chula Vista, where she lives to Ajijic. Unfortunately, I had worn my new shoes and after all the walking for her errands, I was feeling it. 

We took another bus back to Chula Vista. This bus was late and it was so packed that we missed our stop because we couldn't get through the crowd of people in the aisles to tell the bus driver to stop. So, we walked some more.

Lauri and I had another evening of catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment