Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Can you believe that I turn 60 today? My God! I sure don't feel it. I actually feel better than I have in about 4 years. 

The last few years have really taken it's toll on me. My weight had reached an all-time high! This move to North Dakota has really helped. I really miss my mom, but I have had a chance to decompress and relax. It is nice to be close to my family after over 40 years. The weight is starting to come off (I've lost 22 pounds so far) and I even survived this awful winter weather!

Judy and I were at Best Buy a week or so ago to get her a headset so she can talk to me on Skype. I was admiring a speaker system for my iPod, but didn't want to spend the money. Well...I got it from my sister and wonderful nieces for my birthday. I am tickled pink! Thank you girls for my much appreciated present!

Judy and Ervy went to Minot for the weekend. So, I went to the Ranch (the fanciest restaurant in Devils Lake) and got a steak, baked potato and veges, took it over to Dad's and we shared the meal. It was still more than we usually eat. One meal was way too much for both of us. I'm still full and we ate 4 hours ago. We probaby could have cut it in thirds and still had more than enough.

Dad had gotten me a birthday card and there was even cash in it. Thanks, Dad! I also got calls from some of my nieces. This has been a very nice birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ginger!!! I new it was right around now, I thought it was today. I ca't believe you are 60!!!!! Where did the time fly? When are you coming to Sweden to visit?

    I will be going to Greensboro, NC for work tomorrow for a week. The project I am running is based there. I'll be going there every third week for four times in a row...

    I hope you have a great time in Mexico, wish I could come see you!!
    Love, Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ginger! It was great hearing from you, and I hope this new year is better than the last. Also, congrats on the new job! Those are rare words muttered here in San Francisco. Glad you survived the winter weather; we're expecting needed rain this weekend. Silicon Valley is moving to mandatory water rationing. How are Shiraz and Boca? Robin (your helpful organizer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Ginger, the last thing we wanted to do was forget your birthday and with all our running around, that's exactly what happened. We went away for the weekend, tomorrow we get our passports and Saturday we'll be there in Mexico to take you out to celebrate. All 3 of us are turning this milestone age (I can't even put it in writing) this year and none of us look it. Yes, I'm practicing "the secret" in positive thinking. It's hard being the oldest.
    See you reeeeeeeeal soon!
    Love,
    Sue and Rich

    ReplyDelete