Friday, March 27, 2009

Problem Solved!

When I got up this morning, I was feeling awful. My cold had taken a turn for the worse. When Lauri called, she asked if I wanted to put off going to Telecable to talk to them about the power cord for the modem box. I would have to have been half dead to put it off!

Lauri picked me up about 10 a.m. and we ran a couple errands for her and then we went to Telecable. I needed her there as I don't speak Spanish and they don't speak English. Lauri's Spanish if pretty good, but she didn't know how to tell them that Linda had accidentally taken the power cord with her, but she did know how to say the cord was stolen. Anyway, they gave us another power cord! THANK YOU, LAURI!!! I now have my life-line to my family and friends again.

After I got back "home," I decided to walk down to the farmacia (pharmacy) and talk to the farmaceutico (pharmacist). Fortunately, he spoke English and I was able to tell him about my sore throat, cold and congestion in my nose. He went into the back and brought me 2 boxes. One had 3 pills in it and he told me to take one for the next 3 days. That box cost me 250 pesos ($17.50 US). The other box had 10 pills in it and I am to take it 3 times a day until they are gone. It cost me 50 pesos ($3.50 US). When I asked Lauri about the pharmacists down here, she said they are like doctors in their education and are very knowledgable.

Then I walked across the street and bought some more groceries. It is about an 8-10 minute walk to the grocery store from my house.

Tomorrow my friends, Sue and Rich, are coming to visit me from California. They are two of my best friends and I haven't seen them in about 6 months. I am so looking forward to seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment