Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clean Up Day!

On Tuesdays, the gardener and maid come. Alberto has an old fashioned push-type, manual lawn mower. He has attached a canvas to the back to catch the clippings. He crawls on the ground and does all the trimming by hand and waters everything by hand. (Of course, I water by hand daily too.) Neither he nor Anna speak English, so it is challenging talking to them. I keep my computer up on an English to Spanish conversion program and run back and forth, if I have questions or need to tell them something. 

There is always a breeze here and I often keep the doors open. I can't believe how dirty it can get in one week and how many leaves fall. They even blow into the house. I'm sweeping during the week.


Alberto mowing the front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment