Monday, March 30, 2009

Quiet Day...

I promised to post some pictures of the interior of the house where I am house sitting. It isn't very big, but it is very clean and comfortable. I love the gardens in the back yard and the patio in the front.

Today was a stay-at-home day. I watered the plants in the front and back yards and did a couple loads of laundry. The washing machine is outside, under the steps that go to the roof and the clothes line is on the roof. Rich and Sue came over around noon and we sat on the patio and enjoyed some snacks. They went to visit friends up the hill from me and came back later so we could go to dinner.


I am standing in the living room looking towards the dining room and kitchen. The front door is to the right.



Here I am standing in the kitchen looking at the living room. The dining room is to the right. The front door is to the left. There is a fireplace in the left corner. I obviously don't need it this time of year.


This is the ktchen. It isn't very big, but it has all the amenities I need. There are so many good and inexpensive restaurants here, that I eat out a lot.


















This is my bedroom. It is quite large and the bed is very comfortable. I was a little concerned about the beds here because of my back problems, but it is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The living room is to the left and the dining room is to the right. I am standing at the front door looking towards the back of the house. The desk is computer central. I spend a lot of time there. I open the front door and the back door and get a great breeze going through the house. The hall bath is straight back on the left side of the picture. My bedroom is off to the left  of the hall bath and the master bedroom is off to the right, just past the desk.



This is the master bedroom with sliding glass doors to the back yard.


This is the master bath and the bath I was asked to use. I love all the counter space. There are sky lights, so it is quite bright during the day.


Today was laundry day. I have not had to hang clothes on a clothes line in over 50 years. This is for the birds. I'm looking forward to getting back to my clothes dryer. I almost needed a step ladder to reach the lines. My orthopedic surgeon told me to exercise my right arm. It really got exercise today.



Rich and Sue came over tonight and we went to Lety's, a seafood restaurant about a 12 minute walk from where I am staying. I had Camarones (shrimp), rice and vegetables with a mango sauce. It was good, but not as good as the BBQ Ribs at Tony's. There was so much food, I took over half of it home.

We used to have movie nights at Rich and Sue's place, so this is a close as we could come...watching Spanish TV. Actually, there are a few stations that have English speaking programs.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful setting. Too bad you can't get anything good to eat there.. Enjoy your time there. Jim

    ReplyDelete